Thursday, January 20, 2011

Assembly Required

Recently, I have been spending an inordinate amount of time mulling over what my future may hold and if I am making decisions that in a few years I can look back on and be proud. These are things like am I actively trying to better myself, have I in the past week done something or said something to make someone smile and make their day just a little bit better and am I trying to accomplish my life-long ambitions? The majority of these thoughts have come when while building my touring bike at the third-hand bike co-op. A cool community oriented non-profit, which aims to help anyone who wants to ride a bike perform their own maintenance. As I was building and thinking I started comparing my life to piecing together my bike. And this is the conclusion to which I have arrived: life is more or less a hodgepodge of decisions, reactions and feelings smashed together to form a cohesive blob we call our lives.


So not only am I planning this bike trip for the upcoming summer I also have recently applied to graduate school at Ohio State. This is something I have been trying to accomplish for the past few years and have never had the guts to do it, but this shaping up to be a life changing year so why not throw this into the mix as well. Heck, maybe I will even go out and get a tattoo. After all every passing moment is a chance to turn everything around, so why not swing for the fences.

p.s. I will be open to suggestions for the name of this beautiful new stead that is picture above. Send to me plz.

No comments:

Post a Comment